Oh, Teeth, How Do I Love Thee!
It’s February. The month of love. So I thought it fitting to share with my readers why I love teeth so much. You might be thinking that this will be a short read. It’s teeth, right? But I’m already thinking that this will be at least a two-part series.
It’s the science, the anatomy, the beauty, and the functionality that are so amazing to me. So to try and get you as close to as excited about this part of the body as I am, let me lay down some facts about teeth you may not know. Or, in another words, let me count the ways:
1) Did you know that our teeth endure over a million chews every year?
2) They function at forces of over 200 lbs of pressure!
3) They tolerate extreme environments of cold and hot. Ice cream is usually served at 7 degrees, while coffee can sometimes be 160 degrees. That’s a 153-degree range – amazing!
* They survive in salt water, fresh water, acidic and basic solutions. We pour coffee, tea, wine, Cokes and whatever else over them, and they keep their color (more or less). And if you fall on the “less” side of that argument, we have some awesome whitening options for you!
* They are our body’s Swiss army knife. They could have their own infomercial: They CUT, SHEAR, CHEW and CRUSH!
Most importantly, healthy teeth help us make a great first impression. When we show them off in a smile, we get a smile in return because smiles are contagious. Your teeth are an incredible creation. And if you take care of them, they will take care of you. At Lenderman Dental, we are passionate about teeth, and we’re here to help you in any way we can. Give us a call today!